Starting today iOS users will start getting an updated Outlook with a new cleaner look. Soon Microsoft will bring technology from its Sunrise Calendar app to the Outlook mobile app for iOS. Sunrise is a very popular Calendar app on both iOS and Android and once the features of Sunrise have been migrated to the Outlook Calendar the Sunrise app will be removed from the stores. Android users can expect these updates at later date.
Apple has released security updates for Keynote, Pages, and Numbers for iOS to address multiple vulnerabilities. Exploitation of some of these vulnerabilities may allow a remote attacker to take control of an affected system.
Detailed information available from Apple.
For quite some time now we have suggested LastPass as a password manager for clients. This week we have learned LastPass is being acquired by LogMeIn. They will be combining LastPass technology with Technology acquired from password manager Medium acquired earlier. The combined product will continue to use the LastPass branding.
We do not expect any issues with existing accounts when the acquisition takes place and will continue to recommend LastPass for now.
Microsoft has released a second firmware update for the SP3 for September including the following:
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware update (v3.9.650.0) improves booting time experience and enhances the system reliability while docked.
- Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.9030.41) improves the wireless network connectivity and stability.
- Surface Integration driver update (v2.0.1209.0) ensures when using a custom power plan that the selected plan will not revert to the default balanced power plan when installing a Windows Update.
- Microsoft Docking Station Audio Device driver update (v188.8.131.52) improves audio experience when no external speakers are connected to a Surface Pro 3 Docking Station so that Surface Pro 3 internal speakers are used.
- Management Engine Interface driver update (v184.108.40.2067) improves the system stability.